Picture
Harmeny Daniel (1958-2014) artist, mother, daughter, sister, friend, and aunt (Honey).

Harmeny’s warmth and compassion were unlimited; each day she fulfilled her desire to make the world a better place.

Her passion for writing led her to write a book, plays, poetry, and landed her a stint writing for a local newspaper.  Never short of inspiration, Harmeny drew on the energy around her, and had an unparalleled insight.

Harmeny was immensely proud of her two children, Ian and Leifka Vissers.  She taught her children to be strong, independent, and always ensured that they felt loved.  Harmeny’s lasting  influence will always guide Leifka and Ian through exciting, challenging, and loving lives.

Harmeny had an exceptional amount of love for her siblings; to Jann, Colleen, Patrick, and Thorrin she was a constant source of encouragement, love, and humour.

Harmeny is survived by her mother, Jean Maw, whose unwavering support has been with her through every one of life’s adventures.

Harmeny’s life was brightened by the many exceptional friends she surrounded herself with over the years. While Harmeny was born in the lower mainland,  she was drawn to the Yukon by its raw beauty, and it is here she found her true home.

Harmeny touched everyone she met – her light will linger.

Due to her immense popularity and resulting demand, there will be celebrations of life in Whitehorse on Saturday April 12th in Rotary Peace Park at 2:00 p.m., with reception to follow at the Whitehorse United Church (601 Main St)  and in Langley, British Columbia at Sharon United Church, 21562 Old Yale Road on Saturday, April 19th at 2:00 p.m.  Please bring a photo of yourself to the service.

Flowers are respectfully declined; if you wish to honour Harmeny, please consider contributing to a charity of your choice or to one of the charities below in her name;

BC Cancer Society

The Mae Bachur Animal Shelter
126 Tlingit Street
867-633-6019

Special Olympics
102-211 Hanson St.
867-668-6511

Kaushee's Place
867-633-7720

Inviting Destiny In

Life and how you live it
                                          open to opportunity and chance
                                                     ready to say  yes

YES I say
                                                          I am ready
                                                          I am willing
                                                          I am able

And so I invite Destiny in
                                     and whatever work and  blessings she
                                                        brings with her

~Harmeny Daniel

Comments

Jan Robar
04/10/2014 3:11pm

I did not know Harmeny but I know her daughter, Leifka. If Leifka is anything like her Mom and it appears she is then Harmeny was a wonderful woman. My love and sympathy goes out to Leifka and family.

Norma Shorty
04/13/2014 8:59am

I knew Harmeny-I met her in Carcross Yukon. I am saddened by this news and may the Creator continue to bless her paths.......norma

Lorraine Edwards Knourek
04/17/2014 9:58am

Harmony was a friend of mine for many years in Abbotsford and we kept in touch when she moved to the Yukon. We shared a mutual environmental activism and I so appreciated her steely determination balanced with her gentle poetic spirit. Her legacy will love on through the values of her children, my sincere condolences to her family.

Rhonda Simmonds
04/18/2014 2:16pm

Dear Harmney was my art sister and its a surprise of her passing as we lost contact the past two years...she was a passionate artist who truly believed in my creativity...your missed
In Artistic Solidarity;
Rhonda

Elizabeth Burns
04/18/2014 10:28pm

My family and I have many fond memories of Harmney on Sumas mountain. She taught us how to enjoy clay, homemade goat cheese, power outages and much more. Harmney's smile always brightened our day.

Greg Smith, Abbotsford
04/19/2014 3:26pm

My deepest condolences to all Harmeny's family and friends. I have good memories of her from DW Poppy high school in Langley. She was fun and loved the outdoors. I pray for comfort from God for all of you left to mourn now.

Penny Shaver
04/20/2014 12:30am

Harmeny and I co-led the youth group at Sharon United in Langley back in the early 80's. Over the years the thought of Harmeny's warm, encouraging smile has always made me smile and will continue to do so. My condolences to Harmeny's family and friends whom she held close.

Dorothy
04/21/2014 4:11pm

Dina Tsimiklis
04/22/2014 8:11am

Leifka I am sorry for the loss of your mother. May God bless you and your family.

Dina

Diana Young & Peter Bruckmann
04/22/2014 8:19am

Very saddened to hear the news of Harmeny passing. We were next door neighbours on Charlie Spruce in Abbotsford for many, many years before we moved to Silver Star.. Our children grew up together and they all have fond memories of dark tag, neighbourhood parties and just playing together on our street. Leifka and Ian, we can't tell you how very sorry we are. We are all thinking of you. May your wonderful childhood memories sustain you at this difficult time.